home about mentions resources work shop

Wednesday 5 January 2011

new year, fresh work

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a good one! The new year always inspires changes for me and I've decided to dust off the old Etsy shop. I've started on a new range of digital collages which will be on sale very soon. Here's a sneak preview of just a few of them. Would love to know what you think! :)


Ferns


Bird Head


Beetle Collection


Beef Cuts

A slightly different direction for me, they are very much influenced by my love of old botanical illustrations, but it's important that they have a very modern feel which I hope I have achieved.

And thanks to all of those who took the time to vote on my L for Leo illustration in the last post. The overriding majority plumped for blue. I still wasn't entirely happy and made a few tweaks...


I would love to get this letterpressed. If anyone can point me in the direction of a good letterpress printer based on this side of the pond (ie Europe and the UK) I would be really grateful!

5 comments:

  1. loving the digital collages,... the colours, shapes and composition are quite nice.

    as for letterpress prints...contact Print For the Love of Wood (she's linked on your blogroll).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that ampersand that you liked in my photo by Gemma Correll? I believe this is the company who printed them: www.blog.blushpublishing.co.uk/2010/06/gemma-correll-limited-edition-letterpress-prints

    Btw, I LOVE love your new prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanda, Hi I am the husband of Sofia George's friend in London. We met once at your house party..Found your crafty things and art very inspiring - loved the wallpaper covered tins. Wanna get back to making something creative myself now...Btw, you are not an ex-graphic designer, those skills come out in your craft and illustrations. Good to see you are enjoying your baby - so are we Joya is 8 months now and developing daily - it does go fast indeed. You must have mastered Greek by now. HNY Graham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Graham... lovely for you to drop by. Yes,I do remember you! Thanks for your comments... I do see myself as an ex-graphic designer for one very important reason... no clients to please! Doing this all for myself and if someone else happens to like it great :) Hope you manage to find some time to start your creative projects. Life with a baby is fantastic isn't it. All the best, Leanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the digital collages!
    I've emailed you about the letterpress, hope you got it ok my email/internet is playing up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... its always nice to hear from you so please do leave a comment.

Leanda :)